Thursday 12 June 2014

My take on the Indie/Boho Festival Look

HI GUYS 


Today I have majorly bad hay fever!!! No joke, my eyes look like mini kebabs. Just think of small little pita breads. That is exactly what my eyes look like, all swollen, itchy and damn right horrible. I love the summer but I don't like what comes with it and I am actually looking forward to fall/winter now. And that is saying something as I DISLIKE the cold!! Ha. True story.

Whilst I have been stuck inside on this gloriously warm day instead of soaking up the sun I decided to start messing around with my hair. I am loving the indie/boho look at the moment it's almost 'hippy' and so carefree, it's the perfect look for summer and the festivals. I have never been to a festival myself and I would LOVE to go, but up until recently I have always been working or at uni so it just hasn't happened. I just think festival goers always look so cool and unique and I am all for anything that is different. I am a super fan of the hair styles and the fashion so I decided whilst I had some free time on my hands to do my own take on this look.

See for yourself :) 

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

Flower hair band: Claires Accessories
Lipstick: MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in 'Criminal'
Eyes: Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eye liner in black
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl pencil in black
Miss Sporty Studio Lash Mascara in black
Brows: MUA Luxe Powerbrow Pencil & Highlighter in dark brown
Foundation: Maybelline Super Stay 24 hours in 010 Ivory
Primer: NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer
Highlighter: MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter
Blusher: Collection 2000 Blush in 'Trouble

I am super into the flower hair bands that are around at the moment, they are so girly and pretty and in my picture I am just wearing mine with a drop sleeve vest. It's an understated look with high impact. I have teamed this band with a messy, unkempt braid and I love how my highly pigmented lipstick played off the blue of the flowers. It's vibrant, summery and ideal for a festival as you won't have to have sweaty hair stuck to your face. Always a plus!! I do have to apologise about this photograph as for some reason the saturation has changed on upload. Whoops. 

Recently, I went to an audition and I wanted to go dressed a little more girly with a strong hint of indie/boho. I tend to stand out with my image anyway but I was going for the more " I just threw it on" kind of look this day. And I decided to go for a plain white dress, leather studded jacket and some mock Dr Marten boots. I wore my hair simply down, with the sides pinned back and a yellow flower, halo hair band sitting on top.

My look was complete and here it is. 


leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk
Wow I am loving the 'peace' pose too by the look of it. Ha. 
leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

Dress: H & M 
Jacket: H & M (studded myself, see my previous blog post on 'how to')
Boots: H & M 
Halo Flower Hairband: Claire's Accessories
Lipliner: Rimmer Exaggerate 024 in Red Diva
Lipstick: Rimmel 'Kate' Collection 111 in Kiss of Life
Eye Makeup: Same as before 
Face makeup: Same as before
Silver Heart Ring: Claire's Accessories. 

This was my take on the indie/boho festival look and there are a million and one other ways you can re-create this look yourself. I am a little bit of a rocker so obviously I had to darken this look up a bit and include my trusty leather jacket. :) I really like this little dress as it's all floaty and doesn't cling to all the wrong places. And the hair band, well I keep trying to wear it with everything, I need to get some more!!

And today... I am channelling my inner Lara Croft with my own version of the French plait. I name it 'The Rugged French Braid' oh, and please excuse my sticky out ears!! 


Your non-traditional plait
My head looks weird in this picture :D
I hope you enjoyed this post and until next time.

 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LoneWolfLeya. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig