Friday 6 June 2014

D.I.Y Studded Leather Jacket Tutorial

I don't really like to follow trends and I tend to just wear what I feel looks right on me. I do however need to inject some colour into my life as I mainly wear a lot of monotone. You know, the usual black, white and grey. Some consider it 'boring' whilst I think of it as flattering! Anyway, this is besides the point. 

We all love to unleash our creative side, whether it's in fashion, beauty or just life in general and what better way than to express it in the clothes we wear. And I am going to show you how to D.I.Y a studded leather jacket. :)    

Yes, you heard me... LET'S GET CREATIVE!! Now, what I am about to show you is super easy to achieve but can be a little time consuming if you want it to look half decent! And man, seriously it is really cost effective and the result is frickin awesome!! 

See I told you!!! 

This was an ordinary H&M leather jacket which I brought a while back and cost around £30. ( I will link everything I have used at the end of this blog for you to go and have a gander). I didn't want to go over the top so I only customised the 'flapper' bits (I don't know the technical name for it. Ha)but it gave the jacket an edge and separates it from the rest. Plus it looks mega fierce when teamed with some leather trousers and a casual tee! 

This is what you need guys...

A leather punch, screw studs and of course your jacket. 
 
It is literally that simple. All you need to do then is work your magic - Punch a hole where you want the stud and screw into place. Studded jackets are actually quite pricey online and this is why I ended up customising my own as I can make it as OTT as I wanted and it would be unique to me. It's a sure fire way to get noticed and to punk up an outfit.

I used flat back screw studs.
This is how it should look. 
And this is out the outcome  


Result: A jacket no one else will have. :)
So there you have it, my little D.I.Y customising tutorial. Go crazy on your clothes!! 

Toodlepip X

LINKS



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The post is interesting. I really never thought I could have a good read by this time until I found out this site.Thanks!

    Harley Quinn Jacket For Sale

    ReplyDelete

© LoneWolfLeya. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig