Saturday 21 June 2014

The Power Mouth // A Rimmel Lipstick Every Girl Should Own

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk


First of all, I apologise for not writing for a couple of days. I have literally had the worst hay fever in the history of allergic reactions. So I have been trying really hard to sleep off the itchy eyes, itchy face and throat, swollen eyes and horrendous amounts of sneezing. To my dismay... It hasn't worked at all. If any of you guys reading this have any good tips on how to ease these symptoms please leave a comment on this post. 


Now I have got that out of the way.
"Ahhhh, hmmmm" *clears throat*

What I am going to talk to you about today is what I call 'The Power Mouth'. The Power Mouth basically, in short is a mouth that does all the talking. And not literally. I mean by appearance, a set of lips that are eye-catching, bold and makes a statement to the naked human eye. 


I am all for understated makeup, you know your neutral colourings, 'barely there' base and some slick mascara, but sometimes just by adding a pop of colour to your face really can make a difference.

The lipstick that I feel every girl should own is the Rimmel London, Kate Moss Lasting Finish, Matte lipstick in 111 - Kiss of Life. Seriously I have brought this lipstick so many times now because it is THAT good. This is my go to lipstick at the moment as it is highly pigmented and the colour payoff is fantastic. It is in a matte finish which is what I look for in a lip product as I don't really like shimmery/moisture ones, and the staying power is awesome. 

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk


If you too like a matte lipstick then this is the one to grab and add to your bag. This summer is all about bold colours!! Let's forget pastel shades for a moment and appreciate the vibrant, sultry red's that are bulldozing the shelves at present. Nothing says "wow" more than a perfect lined and filled in red mouth. Let's face it, it's a classic colour and screams "look at me". 
And who doesn't want to feel glamorous? 

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

Oh dear, the old lady hand strikes again. This uploading programme really hates my hands. 

It is highly easy to apply and doesn't overtly need re-applying. Sometimes I don't at all in a day and the colour hasn't feathered (bled) into the skin around the lip once. As I have said before I have never used a Mac product once in my life (I hate myself for this statement. Tut tut), but I think this could actually rival the 'Ruby Woo' as I have seen people wear it and it isn't far off the same texture and pigment. Plus it is only £5.49 in Superdrug (UK) which is an absolute steal and a great Mac dupe if you can't stretch to their prices. If you click the highlighted word 'Superdrug' above I have added a link to the product for you.

You're welcome. :)  

Superdrug at the the time of me posting this have an offer on this exact lipstick for £3.99 so please girls if you want 'stand out' lips I highly recommend buying this product. It is my HG (holy grail) lipstick and you will never see me without it!! 


I also team this lipstick with the Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Red Diva 24.

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

   
This twist out lip liner is a god send. I line my lips with this every time I use the lipstick.And because I love my lipstick to be extra matte I also fill my lips in with this liner before I apply the lipstick. These two products go amazingly well together and there is no difference in colour pigmentation at all. It's a perfect match.

The texture to this liner is quite waxy but it's soft too and easy to work. When you first open it it's tip is quite angular so it's great to draw straight lines without the 'wobble'. The only disappointing thing that I would say about the lip liner is that it doesn't last that long and I have gone through SO many of them it's silly. 


This product is £3.99 in Superdrug (again the item is linked within the 'Superdrug' word.) 

You don't even have to wear a lot of makeup to carry off 'The Power Mouth' either, you can either wear it with smoky eyes or just plain old mascara. Either way anyone can pull off this look, and it looks super cool in the day as well as at night.

Ladies, what are you waiting for? Go and grab it quick, they are flying off the shelves.

Good work Kate Moss. I salute you. 

If you are more of a pink, coral or orange kinda gal then have a look at these alternatives to the red.

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

Barry M (left-right): Shade 54, shade 158 & shade 52

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk                                            
leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk
Yay a normal looking hand :) 


    





































Finally I will leave you with some pictures on how I wear 
'The Power Mouth


leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk



leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk


leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LoneWolfLeya. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig