Thursday 15 September 2016

10 Products That I Would Never Buy Again | Disappointing Beauty And Hair Drugstore Products I Wouldn't Recommend.

beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest,


Evening my little bees!! 

How cray cray has the weather been in the UK?! It just starts to feel like Autumn and then... "Oh hello Summer again" in the next breath. It's soooo freaking humid right now, I cannot even breathe about it! We had a storm, what was it? Yesterday? And today has been so miss matched. It's giving me whiplash. Ha. 

I had an interview last week and got the job this week and even though I REALLY need a job I had to turn it down. It really sucks because when I went for the interview the vibe for me, was a little bit off. I was told things that weren't in the advert which really put me off and the money was no way near what was advertised so I reluctantly had to turn it down. 

I had an interview today and one tomorrow and have applied for more jobs. Come on, someone has to give me one surely? Lol. 

Please send me positive thoughts! :)


So, last Friday as per, I went food shopping and went into Superdrug to pick up some bits that bigger bloggers have been raving about for a while. This story is only going to roll downhill because when I got to the till (this is the gutting part) I paid for the items with my freaking bank card and not my voucher. The girl was talking to me and I lost my train of thought and then 'BAM' it was too late and the pin had been punched. NOOOOOOOO!!!! 

That really pee'd me off and literally set the tone for the products too. I picked up the wrong foundation, I was searching for my shade and ended up going to the other product without realising. I only noticed when I got home but this foundation had been raved about so much, I thought - 'it has to be good!' 

It wasn't, it was awful and it was the same with the other products too. It was a bad day in makeuphood! 

This is what has prompted me to do the post that I am today. Obviously we all have different views on products, products that I don't like you may love if you already have it. This is my opinion and I thought I would show you the 10 products that I wouldn't recommend buying. They have disappointed me massively, it's rare that I won't like a product but when I don't I think it should be shared, to advise others. 


Lets GO! 




beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, revlon, matte balm
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, revlon, matte balm,


These are the Revlon 'Matte Balm's' and the likes of Zoella massively recommended these. Now, silly me believed in the hype and started swatching them in store. On the back of your hand they look really good, nothing compared to how they sit on your lips. I was so disappointed as for me they were nothing like I was lead to believe. I was under the impressed that they were super matte and they really aren't, I should of worked it out myself as the word 'balm' is included. It came out a lot more sheer than expected and the colour payoff really isn't that great. I literally left them after the first try. I tried them again recently and NOPE. They don't get better. If you're looking for something super matte this isn't the one. 



beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, rimmel, wake me up,
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, rimmel, wake me up,

Okay, so this is the foundation that I bought by mistake the other day, it's the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' and I originally went for the one with the red top? I mistakenly picked this one up and thought - 'oh well, everyone raves about this, I am sure it's good'. I swear I think this is one of the worst I have tried. It is real light coverage, which I don't like as it really DID NOT cover my dark circles, it was quite thin and was a lot darker than the shade 'Ivory' suggests. It comes out on me quite uneven, it does give a nice glow which does wake the skin up but if you like a nicer coverage and have combi/dry skin this really is not worth bothering with. I cannot get on with it. I have tried layering the application too and it just looks cakey. Just no!  



beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, fit me, maybelline,
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, fit me, maybelline

Another product that can't do no wrong is the Maybelline 'Fit Me' concealer. Loads of YouTuber's have said this product is "amazing" errrrr no it's not! It's more watery than the tears falling from eyes after paying for this product and realising it's awful. Ha. It creases, definitely doesn't cover dark circles at all, just seeps into them and sinks into foundation if you're using it to lighten. 

See ya. 

beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, fit me, maybelline,

beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, nyx, matte lip cream,
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, nyx, matte lip cream,

Yep, sorry NYX but you appear on this list twice. I love NYX as a brand but some of the products aren't as they seem or just fail to impress me. Their matte lip creams are no exception, okay, so I have one of them but I am in no hurry to buy anymore. I am not too keen on the formula and I find that it applies cakey on the lips and isn't consistent in its application, it goes patchy. I am not totally sold on these at all which is disappointing as I really wanted to like it.  


beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, rimmel,

Rimmell's new colour liners, it looked great when swatched,on the eyes, not so much. Maaayyynnn. The colour is okay, nothing to shout about and it rubs off the eyes quite easily as it's sitting on a base. Tried it for the first time today... I am left a little deflated!!!  

beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, nyx, vivid brights,
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, nyx, vivid brights,

Oh hello NYX... We meet again!! I don't really need to say much about this as you can see for yourself what the issue is. LOOK AT IT!!! Errrr somehow I do not see the green on the packaging looking like that on my hand... I don't remember ordering Khaki guys!! Vile, bog of eternal stench colour (Labyrinth fans you will appreciate this). Don't be fooled ladies and gents!   


beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, models own, chrome,
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, models own, chrome,
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, models own, chrome,


Models own... Never really tried their products, I saw these chrome varnishes. I was seriously deceived, I thought that the varnish was going to look like the packaging. It's called 'Chrome' after all. Why wouldn't I think that? Man, these come out horribly, you can see from the pictures. The gold, maybe I could deal but the copper one isn't copper! What even is that. It's a nothing colour. £5, more like a 5p purchase!   


beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, kiko, lip scrub
beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, kiko,

I have never been completely sold on lip scrubs, I have dry lips most days because of the matte lipsticks I wear. I picked this Kiko lip stick scrub up and it's nothing special. Just because it's in a stick doesn't make this product any better. It's an 'okay' product but not worth the price in my honest opinion. It wears down awfully quickly and I have really been using it sparingly which means it's not worth it if you want to use it often.  


beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest,

Oh my goodness, I think this is THE WORST product I have ever had the displeasure of putting in my hair!! It does nothing it states on the bottle, if anything it does the opposite. It tangled my hair, didn't dry any quicker, made it feel really dry and my hair dried unevenly. I felt like I needed to re-wash my hair after this!! I 100% wouldn't recommend this. If you like the feeling of matted hair, then carry on! :) 

beauty blogger, recommendation, would not buy, would not recommend, fail, drugstore, beauty products, makeup, disappointing, honest, bastiste, xxl volume spray,


Bastise, this is not the best product you have ever produced. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it and I need volume at my roots. I found this never did that for me, it made it slightly sticky, the roots proceeded to stick to my scalp and it felt really powdery. I love the rest in the range but really not a fan of this at all. It made me feel really uncomfortable all day.


Don't get me wrong, with me writing my honest opinions' about these products doesn't mean I don't love the brand and the rest of the products they produce. This post is simply to suggest what products I feel aren't at the top of their game. 

Let me know if you have tried any of these products and how you feel about them. Not everyone will agree with me and that's a healthy debate!!! 


Thank you for taking the time to read this post and if you enjoy them please give my blog a follow on Bloglovin' here




You can also find me here: 


Twitter: Leluroxxblogger

Instagram: Leluroxxblogger

YouTube: Leluroxxblogger

Snapchat: Blackeyedfox



Until next time... 



leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love your honesty on this and I hate the Rimmel wake me up foundation too, it's goes so patchy on my skin! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beauty :) it's horrible isn't it. It just shows you can't always believe what these bigger YouTuber's say. It goes patchy and the formula is horrid. Do you find it goes a lot darker on the skin? X

      Delete
  2. That Rimmel Foundation is awful. Used it years and years ago- to even get a (sort of) decent coverage it felt like I was dragging my skin about. Not good for the delicate facial area and will accelerate ageing! Patchy and sticky as hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yes it really is sticky and so is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I just applied the concealer when I got it and had to wash it off. Both products are vile. Love the brands just not those products.

      Delete
  3. I too got sucked into the Revlon matte balms and was pretty surprised how shiny they were for something that was meant to be matte! I just brush over some loose translucent powder over the top now to make them matte. I hate it when you buy a load of products and they are all disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are aren't they! Not matte at all. I did try that but I wasn't feeling the effect. It just sucks wasting your money on something that you will never use again. Ha. X

      Delete

© LoneWolfLeya. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig