Monday 4 January 2021

Hair Hack | How To Get Stubborn Blue/Purple Toner/Shampoo Out Of Bleached Hair Without Damaging it | Life Saver.

 

lonewolfleya.blogspot.com




Yo! Welcome to 2021... Level 100 of the Jumanji game. Lol. 


I am writing this just as we are potentially going into ANOTHER freakin' lockdown. Our pal Bozza sure likes to play risky little games now doesn't he. Yawwwwwnnn. 


I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year's even though it was eerily different this year, it just wasn't the same. I miss going out to bars, dancing and having meals out. I miss having family and friends over. This new 'norm' sucks serious a hole!!!


So just before Christmas I decided I was hella bored with my hair, it was really long but the ends were so wispy and dead and the blonde colour I had was outgrown and just plain boring for me. 


I was debating for ages whether to go blonder or dark, I was bored of the blonde and I decided to go dark. THEN... On the night before actually getting it done I decided to change up the whole colour scheme all together!!! 


I chose to go down the path of the 'Narcissa Malfoy' trend. Now, if you haven't watched Hazza Pothead (Harry Potter) then we cannot be friends... Ha. This is where the hair trend came from, Draco Malfoy's mother. In short, it's dark hair on top and bleached hair underneath. 


I am an alternative gal and I couldn't just do standard brown hair, I would be doing myself a serious injustice. Ha. 

So, I had that done, I loved it, it turned out perfectly, no colour bleeding, I had around 3 inches off the length (not to be dramatic but I felt like I had been scalped) and I was super happy. 


Fast forward to my hack and life saver. 


So, if any of you are blonde, you will know, bleached hair needs toning. To get the desired tone and get rid of he brassiness, your hair will 100% need this. 

I at home, washed my hair for the first time since having it done and mixed a toner with 1.9% developer. I used a toner recommended to me but it turns out it shouldn't be used as at toner but as a colour... Whether that is correct or not I am not sure. Either way my soul was about to leave my body. 


I mixed the toner up, applied it to the blonde and within minutes my hair has turned ultraviolet on the roots and grey/green mid-lengths and ends. I was almost sick in my mouth. I knew toners developed quickly but that was having a pure bubble bath. It looked horrid. It would of looked fine if I had an all over bleach but with the warm brown against the cool blonde, I hated it.


lonewolfleya.blogspot.com
It was sooo grey/purple/blue when dry... I put more toner 
on at this point to try and even it out, *covers eyes*.


I washed it with Head and Shoulders (not the brown) and Fairy Liquid... Wouldn't budge. I washed my hair a total of around 3/4 times that day... Any more and it would start to damage my hair. 



lonewolfleya.blogspot.com
Look at the grey/purple tones. 





I was freaking out that I couldn't go out in public, nobody was answering their phone to help. So, I took it upon myself to try one off the cuff thing that I had left as an option...


LEMON AND CONDITIONER!!! 


Yes, you read correctly. Lemon has natural bleaching properties and can lighten hair. Mixed with conditioner, it shouldn't damage the hair. 


So I cut 2 whole lemons squeezed all the juice into a bowl, then mixed with conditioner. I did 1:1 ratio (50% lemon juice and 50% conditioner). 


I applied to all of the blonde hair and left it on for 1hr and 30 mins. 


Now, I didn't do a patch test, I didn't have time, I read afterwards, you're meant to. 

At the time I didn't even think to do one because it's just lemon juice right?

 Well, turns out my skin did not like this concoction and I did actually react. Not on the scalp but on the skin around the back of my neck, ears and hairline. I am really sensitive anyway but I never have problems with scalp bleach, I mean,  I suppose I am sticking acid on my skin. Go figure. Not everyone has this happen though FYI. 



I washed it off my hair and goodbye blue/grey. It was gone. I was left with the blonde I kind of had to start off with. I was so happy. My hair wasn't damaged, no split ends, no candy floss. It was like it never happened. 


lonewolfleya.blogspot.com



I hope if this ever happens to you and you come across this post, that it helps you and works for you too. It was literally a lifesaver for me and my hair. 


Let me know in the comments if you have used this method and how it turned out for you!!! 


Love and Light 

Your resident Lone Wolf


L x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LoneWolfLeya. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig